I'm new to chickens and have a question

imaflightyone

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 23, 2007
Hey everyone I'm Alex and i have only had chickens about 2 months now and im Addicted what im wondering about is my hens are laying in there nest boxes in a milk crate and wherever else they feel its okay if i take the eggs and where they are laying is empty will they still lay there?

With my girls-- once they start laying in a spot, they stick to it. If I change something, they may lay somewhere else, but they are usually consistent that way, despite whether or not there are eggs there.

Quote:
They may and they may not. You can encourage them to lay in a certain area by putting fake eggs in the nest and then put the chicken in there. This is what I have done in the past. I just stuck the chicken where I wanted her to lay to be sure she saw the lovely "eggs" already in there.

Hi Alex I'm new at this chicken hobby too. Could anyone tell me how to introduce new, younger hens to an older husband wife team.. Tragedy struck and two hens were killed by racoons. The rooster and hen are at least six years old..thanks ,

Back
Top Bottom