Im new too!

taylor2

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
Turlock Ca
Hello everyone. My name is Taylor and after taking a corporate buyout in Oct 2010 I chose to make use of the rural land that I live on. My girlfriend Misty and I take care of 4 aquariums, two cats, 9 parakeets 3 finches and a new Jack Russel female. Since October I have purchased three incubators, a lyon, a hovabator, and a old galvanized brower. That prompted a purchase of two old brooders from the auction that I have repaired. We have raised chukar, red golden, yellow golden, majestic and white pheasants, coturnix quail, 5 breeds of rabbits, archangel pigeons, guinie hens, black tip jap bantams, and an assortment of chickens. We built our coop out of recycled wood and it sits near our summer garden. I am currently woorking on turning the rabbit poop into a worm farm. Our coop currently contains 2 silver laced cochin roosters, 2 rhode island red hens, 1 buff orpington hen, 1 brahma hen, 1 barred rock hen, and 2 americana hens. We eat all the eggs we can and incubate the rest for sale at the local small animal auctions. I was a truck mechanic in the 70s and 80s so I do all the equiptment repair myself and always try to repair, buy used or repurpose everything. Love that broken junk from the auction. I seem to have gotten that chicken bug that everyone is talking bout. Cant wait to meet some bird friends in and out of the central valley. Well, gotta go feed!

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Louisiana!!

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! Quite a list there. Perhaps next time you could just list what you haven't done.
lau.gif

Just kidding. Very happy to have you with us!
celebrate.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina.. wow sounds like you keep busy and a good guy to live by.. welcome to Byc its alot of fun and some really great friends to meet..
)O(
Pink

Back
Top Bottom