I'm not having any good luck!

Cynthia I'm so looking forward to getting the eggs from you. Traci at mypetchicken called me back and they are going to replace the eggs I should get them next week!!! They are really nice and Traci was great. But I got so paranoid that I stopped at the drug store and bought a baby thermometer on my way home! It's holding at 99.6 so all is good I think maybe the heat from few weeks ago had something to do with it. Then the postman left them out in the sun on the ground in front of the garage. The heat index was 106* to 110*. I couldn't hardly go outside it would make me sick and have a headache. I'm whimpy when it gets to hot out. This week so far has been nice and normal! it's beautiful and 93* outside now. So wish me luck on the new ones.

I certainly wish you a great hatch this time. The heat is wreaking havoc with alot of things right now. I am SICK of it, in more ways than one. Even here where we have bearable summers, this one is a BEAR and totally UNbearable! Still, it sounds like the eggs weren't fertile to start with or they died before incubation so you couldn't tell they were ever fertile. I guess that is one possibility.
Anyway, at least they are replacing them.

Oh my --- being left sitting in a box in the sun like that would likely render the eggs non-viable (killed them dead as a wedge).
The only way to have known if they were fertile, would have been to have cracked them and looked for the 'bulls-eye'.

I'm impressed that MPC is replacing the eggs
smile.png

Hopefully, you'll have better luck with the next group.

(I have an ulterior motive --- I'll know where to find Delaware eggs later when yours are grown up
wink.png

Lisa

My Delaware roo has had his eye on his new girls already. They really are very pretty. I bought him 4 back in may so next year I will be able to hatch from my own flock. I'm hoping to increase it by a few more. Customer service is great with them and Traci was a big help.

I'm glad my burrito method of wrapping eggs is working for you.
When we were testing the 'method' , Hubby said "Unless they run over the box with a truck, the eggs will be OK".
And that has proven true --- a totally smashed box with all intact and hatchable eggs ---tells the tale.

Lisa, it takes me forever to wrap the eggs, but I do think your burrito method is wonderful and I doubt I'll ever change it. I tell people to make sure they are not rushed when they open the package because it's gonna take some time to unwrap every single egg.
Wait, how did you know that's what I use, LOL? Did I tell you?

Last edited:
Out of 18 eggs from Meyer Hatchery 3 arrived damaged. After that I had to toss most of the eggs after day 12 or so. I'm down to like 3 and I'm no so sure about them. The eggs I got off of ebay are fairing much better.

I know it's hard to wait the 10 days to candle and then find out most are no good. I must check mine 20 times a day when I'm home! Even my daughter will go check them out for me. Well I hope your 3 littles ones that are left hatch.

Back
Top Bottom