Im Not Sur What She Is?

CluckNChik1357

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
Okay I Need Help On Figuring Out What Kind Of Chicken My Baby Girl Is and I Think She Might Be AnAmeracuana But Im Not Quite Sure. Please Tell Me What She IS S o I Can Stop Reffering 2 Her As "The Speckled Chicken." And I'm New Too Raising Chicks
smile.png
tongue.png

She's 1 Month Old, And Her Name Is Speckle.

105626_photo_23.jpg

105626_photo_37.jpg

105626_photo_26.jpg

Easter Eggers legs run from green to slate -- and their body can be any color. They do tend to have tufts at their cheeks or even fully beards. I have had Easter Eggers and yours does not really look similar -- but it is one breed whose appearance eanges wildly.

They lay blue/green/beige eggs.

I know, not really helpful.
wink.png
But happy to chime in.

Jenny

Yeah Im Pretty Sure She's An Easter Egger But Im Still Confused On Why She as Different Colored Eggs And No Puffy Cheeks Yet. But She Is Still Only A Month So I'll Just Have 2 Wait And See.

As EE's tend to be mixed with other breeds, hence all the variations in colors, she may have lost the tufted-puffy cheek gene. Or she may develop a bit of a beard over time. As for the colored eggs... that is their claim to fame. Puebreeds -- Ameracaunas and Auracanas (the spelling here is likely way off) lay blue/green eggs. When they are mixed with other breeds the egg color gene tends to hang on for dear life.

Enjoy your hens,
Jenny

Back
Top Bottom