Im not sure if its urgent

tclemts

Chirping
Apr 20, 2021
Superior Montana
I have 4 hens that will be 18 weeks on Aug 15, four different breeds. My Wheaton Marans is thinner, and shabby looking than the rest, see pictures. I know she is a slow grower but im not sure why she just looks so rough. She is calm and quiet which could just be her, or not. I've tried apple cider vinegar and the vitamin and electrolytes in the water, vet rx, diatomaceous earth in the feed. I've checked for parasites, she eats and drinks and poops normal. I can't think of anything else to do, I've had hens for just over three years and they are all super healthy. Any advise would be appreciated.
20220813_091014.jpg
20220813_090957.jpg
20220813_091003.jpg
20220813_091021.jpg

I've tried apple cider vinegar and the vitamin and electrolytes in the water, vet rx, diatomaceous earth in the feed
Hi there, What do you feed your girls? She looks like she's getting plucked or she's molting. Or maybe she has shredder genes causing her feathers to look like that.
Drop the acv, vet rx and the d.e, it would do her any good at all and d.e should not be used in any fashion where it could even be possibly breathed.

Hi there, What do you feed your girls? She looks like she's getting plucked or she's molting. Or maybe she has shredder genes causing her feathers to look like that.
Drop the acv, vet rx and the d.e, it would do her any good at all and d.e should not be used in any fashion where it could even be possibly breathed.
I have them on grower by Purina, the big girls also have access to oyster shell

Back
Top Bottom