I'M NOT YOUR SWEETY!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, May 5, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I'm small, barely 5 foot and not even a hundred lbs... I look young, I'm in my mid-twenties but if you ask the next guy he'll tell you I'm 16 MAYBE 17... Yesterday I went on a shopping spree for hubbys birthday, one of the things I changed my mind on and decided to take it back it was expensive so I didn't wan to just push it aside... Anyhow, I am returning the item with a polite young man at the register, when a lady comes over and takes over, she immediately starts calling me sweets, honey, baby girl... OMG! I'm not a child, I HAVE a child, BUT I'M not one!!! I know I look young but I'm tired of hubby getting bad looks when he is w/ me and our daughter and I'm sick of people asking me STUPID questions such as "WOW, she is big for you, how do you carry her?" AND "OH, YOU are such a great BABYSITTER" and my favorite "You're too young for a baby?!?!" [​IMG] I just wish I could at least look my age maybe a year or two younger but shave off 8 years and I'm a pre-teen again.. UGHHHH Sorry for the vent, I'm so sick of being called pet names by people a mere 5 years older than me and being treated like a pre-teen when I'm a grown woman, wife, and mother...[​IMG]

ETA: Grandma can call me all the pet names she wants, she is a seasoned pro so that doesn't bother me, only when it's younger people...

Funny story, I have always been small, one time my mom got pulled over for not having me in a carseat... I was 10 YEARS OLD!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I'm small, barely 5 foot and not even a hundred lbs... I look young, I'm in my mid-twenties but if you ask the next guy he'll tell you I'm 16 MAYBE 17...

I feel ya. I'm the exact same way.

I went out to eat with my grandparents a year or so ago, and the cashier asked if I wanted the kids meal!! The cheaper one for kids under 12!! [​IMG] I know I look young, but 12???

Surprisingly, I've never gotten carded for buying liquor [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Some people just talk that way. Don't take it personal.

RELAX!!!!

I have the opposite problem. I am 6' tall. People always assumed I was WAY older than I was. When I was 11, my sister was born and people always told me how cute my "daughter" was when I was babysitting!

4. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    when gravity and wrinkles set in you will look back and wish.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Take it as a compliment sweety... [​IMG]

Think about how well you'll age, and what you'll look like at HER age!

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:That's what everybody says and thinks

But it just doesn't work that way when people treat you like a dumb teenager who doesn't have a clue. [​IMG]

I actually sortof celebrated when I could see my skin aging from tanning beds! (I only tanned for a month before my wedding so I wouldn't match the dress [​IMG])

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Living in the South, I know very few people that aren't called sweety, sugar, darlin' or hun (for girls) and bubba or son (for boys). I'm not telling what my SO calls me. [​IMG]

8. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm truly sorry that people make you feel stupid by referring to you in those ways. I'll try to remember that from now on because that's a habit I picked up when I lived in Texas and now that I'm old I tend to call everyone hon, sweetie or punkin pie......okay, I never call people punkin pie.....

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    When I was a young mom with 5 kids I was constantly being told that I was "too young" to have that many![​IMG]
    I dont particularily care to be called "sweetie" either, unless its by my mom.[​IMG]

10. Im4Eggcellence

Im4Eggcellence Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    NW Washington State
    I know somewhat how you feel - I had the same problem when I was younger - but now I'm 52 and most people guess about 40.... so suddenly it's not such a big problem after all [​IMG]

I predict you'll feel better about it in the future [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by