1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

I'm quite sure...............

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by txreddirtgirl, Aug 3, 2011.

1. txreddirtgirl

txreddirtgirl In the Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Decatur, Tx
    ......that in this heat (112 right now) that when my girls start laying I'll be getting hard boiled or fried eggs!!!! [​IMG] I don't have any questions, just wanted to vent about the heat (pun intended)

2. dbounds10

dbounds10 Songster

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I know what you mean, it was 114 here today with the heat index. We will be eating eff salad for breakfast i guess!

3. phasian

phasian Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    Oregon
    Okay, this has nothing to do with heat- but a friend once played a great prank on me by replacing the eggs in my hen house with hard-boiled ones. Imagine my surprise when I accidentally happened to drop one and no liquid came out!?

4. I live in WA. state and we never have heat like you have. My friend use to live in TX and she said the heat is so hot, I guess when you hear those kind of temps I can say I will take the rain. Hope you and your chickens are doing OK! [​IMG]

5. nobodyherebutuschickens

nobodyherebutuschickens Songster

Dec 20, 2010
    Erie, Colorado
    Ahahahaha. Phasian, just the other day I was considering putting a few hollow eggs in the nest boxes for a belated April Fool's Day prank. [​IMG]

6. txreddirtgirl

txreddirtgirl In the Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Decatur, Tx
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] That is hilarious!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by