I'm really surprised (and a picture!!)

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
How eager my chicks are to see me. Even when there is plenty of food and water when I come in I always say the same thing "Hello Chicky Ladies" there are two in particular, a Barred Rock and a black sex link that run as fast as they can to the corner closest to me and they stretch their neck up as high as they can to me. When I open the brooder they will hop right in my hand and I'll carry them around holding them under my neck. They always fall asleep and make sweet little sounds.
love.gif

Even the ones that aren't as eager to greet me don't run from me anymore. They just sort of know I'm going to mess with them. lol My husband goes in there and I think his voice scares them. They huddle in the corner behind their waterer but when I go in they get excited and run to me. I hope this is a good sign. I would love to be greeted by my girls when I get home each day outside!

I had to get one of the chicks out today to take a picture of her growth, it's amazing. My Production Red's are feathering so much quicker than my others!! I had to get this one out the other day to remove some stuck on poo and ever since then she has been so much more friendly to me.

11 days ago

056.jpg

Tonight!!! Two weeks old today. Her name is Dorothy.

173046_1487846971179_1684093521_870490_2468805_o.jpg

Last edited:
She sure is pretty! That's great that they love to see you. I love that part! Now that my girls are 5 months, I love that they follow me around the yard. I'm sure they're waiting for treats, but I love it anyway.

Their first set of feathers always amaze me, as you can't really tell what they're going to look like when they're grown... well, for some breeds at least. My buff Orp looks pretty much like she's going to when grown...but some are a suprise.

It's a cell phone pic, so the color quality is terrible but she really is pretty. I imagine those new feathers coming in hurt a lot! They feel like needles. Pin feathers right?

I don't give any kind of special treats so I think at this point they truly like me or are interested in me,lol. Later on they will probably just be like all our other pets (and kids) and only seek me out when they want something,lol.

Back
Top Bottom