I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't more people angry that this guy (and people of his ilk) are lying to us and pumping out false info because they think we are too stupid to actually follow up on sources? That's something people should be furious about. And they should tell their friends and families that this is dangerous stuff that is truly undermining society.

I just hate when folks in positions of power or sources of information take advantage of the average person for profit. I don't care their political bent. It happens on all "sides."

Rant over.

Hubby is a

Music. Hoarder.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And that doesn't include the set up in the living room (6 turntables) or the restored 1954 console in our bedroom (2 turntables). The 9th turntable is in the room above, but it's not in any of the pics. He also has 4 guitars, a bass guitar, and 2 drum sets.

Where? The society of gourmet chickens? The confederation of roosters with unappreciative hens?
The methonine rehab clinic for senior hens?
Wherever the naysayers choose so that they can't say I've chosen a "bad" lab or one that's been paid off by the WEF or whoever it is that's out to get us. I've had forage analyzed. I figured, why not?

Last edited:
Every year my chickens almost or completely quit laying from November to January, and I just assumed that's what chickens do. Who knew it was THE MAN trying to screw me over all along. :th

Don't waste your time or money. If it turns out the feed is exactly as stated on the label with nothing nefarious added, they will just come up with reasons why your test wasn't accurate or applicable to them.
Oh, I'm fully aware. Notice how no one on the other side is offering to not do likewise? It's not expensive, really. Maybe something crazy will turn up to prove all of the truly knowledgeable and experienced folks wrong.

Ok. How about these two tests from Midwest Labs:
Screenshot_20230130-094641~2.png

Screenshot_20230130-094620~2.png

I think these are the same tests the fella who's been so vocal on YouTube is having tested. He's doing all brands TSC carries. I'm just going to do Producer's Pride and maybe one that no one has an issue with (Nutrena? Kalmbach? Idk). It'll be about $150 and should only take a few days. I'll send everything off tomorrow. I am too busy today with work meetings and my dog's vet appointment.

I’ve been reading a lot of these feed posts like everyone else, I just want to comment if anyone has ever heard of naturalnews.com, Mike Adams has a food science lab and regularly tests products for human consumption (that he sells himself) and he has recently completed testing on 6 or 7 brands of chicken feed. He tested for heavy metals, aflatoxins, glyphosate, e.coli, salmonella and nutritive minerals such as copper and zinc. Results should be posted next week! Just throwing this out there for folks who may be interested.
Its been posted. His lab didn't test for a host of things he should have, he tested for a bunch of things one would be expected to find (and found them), but has not annnounced how much of them was found - without which no intelligent, educated conclusion can be drawn.

BTW, reduced rate of egg lay is NOT one of the top ten symptoms of glyphosphate injestion, and the the top nine aren't being reported by those who claim their chicken feed is responsible for their hens not producing. Its not one of the top six for aflatoxin poisoning (acute or otherwise) or for vomitoxin poisoning.

Mike is selling spectacle and sensationalism to those who know less than himself in effort to push his own products, nothing more. A century ago and more, he'd be a snake oil salesman.

/edit to add: As a an owner of backyard chickens, I might be embarassed to post that I knew less about how to feed them, and some of the more common concerns in feeding them, than a youtuber who doesn't own them, has seemingly made not even a weekend's study of how or what to feed them, and appears to have a very poor grasp of chicken biology generally. But if that's something people want to share with the community as a sort of disclaimer on the potential value of the rest of their post as I do when I begin "the things I don't know about poultry illness and injury would fill books - and does!", go ahead, knock yourself out. Some may find it helpful.

Last edited:
I won't get any takers. It's sad because it tells me folks don't REALLY want answers.

I've run into this many times in life.

Some people don't want to admit that factors affecting some sort of performance actually *are* within their control and thus *could* be changed *if* they were willing to work on improvement thus they blame the great "Them" for "holding us down".

Other people don't want to admit that some things simply can't be controlled and find it more comforting to believe that they are victims of malice rather than that the world is simply outside human control.

Personally, I culled my flock this fall to ensure that I was feeding younger, more productive birds rather than older, less productive birds and am getting several dozen eggs per week already.

I hear Midwest labs is in cahoots with the government to inject egg laying ceasing chemicals into their lay pellets.
You're probably right. I'm sure Bill Gates or the Koch brothers own the restaurant where a friend of a friend had lunch with the former car detailer of the assistant to one of the Midwest Labs' board member's neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom