I'm so stupid..eggs wicked up water on day 19

rroven

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
lexington, SC
Yesterday was the day to stop turning my eggs and since I have new eggs coming on Monday I decided to transfer the due to hatch Monday eggs I have, to a different bator I had ready. But stupid me when I transferred them I decided to put them in a carton to hatch...one of the paper ones. Never thinking they might wick the moisture and soak the eggs. The water must have been just under the screen. I have serious eye problems, really I do... Everyone says the last 3 days you don't EVER open the lid so I never noticed until I was peering in there with a flashlight this morning. So I pulled the turner out of the other bator, put in a styrofoam carton and transfered the eggs. But when I took them out they were a lot heavier than they have been...did I kill my hatch?

Just found your post and know that it's been quite awhile since they've either hatched or not.

I'd be interested in knowing if the eggs soaked up the water. Same thing happened to my cartons but I had a very good hatch...maybe I caught it on time.

Back
Top Bottom