I'm so tired...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sequin, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    ...of no energy and carrying this extra weight. So I am going to finally work at getting rid of it. I have 5 or 6 brand new skirt suits hanging in my closet that I cannot wear because I gained the weight back after I ordered them and the time has come for me to get into them again. I signed up at FitDay.com and am going to track my progress. I want to loose 20lbs at least, preferably 35. But I want to make a short term goal of 5-8 lbs a month. We'll see. I thought there was already a thread on those wanting to reach health/weight loss goals but I can't find it. So, here I am. Anyone else working towards better health goals in 2009?

2. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I am with ya! I want to lose 25 lbs by the time I turn 30, which is next August. I just need to get movin again but this cold weather and snow has me house bound. I'll figure out how to do it. [​IMG]

3. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    If you are more tired and suddenly carrying extra weight before you start your plan see your doctor, get a physical, and ask about thyroid and iron test. If for example your energy level is much lower than one year ago it is sometimes related to easily treatable medical conditions.
    The best success I've ever seen is a friend who made a goal not of specific weight loss, but of what activity she felt her weight was keeping her from accomplishing. She wanted to go on some mountain bike trails with her kids and knew she wasn't in good enough shape. So she started really focusing on how long she could be active. Over the course of seven months she went from walking a half mile to walking and biking for hours at a time. In the process she happened to loose the first 30lbs by accident and the next 30 because she suddenly saw herself looking better from the exercise and then threw in portion controol just to see what would happen.
    BTW-the next summer her kids were no longer interested in the mountain bike trails.

Good luck

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Yes, what you said is true Leah. If I was continually gaining weight and feeling sluggish etc. I would seek the advice of a dr. However, my weight has not kept increasing beyond where I am now. And I am tired, sure, but not the same way I was when I had pancreatitis and couldn't function. Each person knows their own body and symptoms I think. I appreciate your suggestions and information. Thank you!

I'll help cheer you on Bammony!!! I turn a year older in August too. But I am already in my 30's.

Today I ate healthy and plan on hitting the gym soon for a little cardio to get the week started. yay me!!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

With me, I finally came to the realization the my set weight is my set weight, and when I get above it, I naturally lose it pretty quick. Like after the holidays..... I eat fairly healthy, but I am never gonna be Metropolitan Life Insurance's weight that I should be. I exercise, I eat fairly well, and still should lose 50 lbs. Not gonna happen. I have struggled with this all my ife and my last doc visit, she told me everything looks good, with an odd look on her face..... Hey big girls can still rock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by