I'm stumped 2 chickens have died in 5 weeks

If she isn’t drinking a lot, you can try mixing corid water instead of regular for the mash.

I’m so sorry you & your girls are going through this. Hopefully you’ll get to the bottom of it. ❤️

No changes today either, no other birds looking off, nothing suspicious in the coop. I left them locked in the coop today as it wasn't really getting above freezing all day, then let them into their run when I got home for about 15 minutes. They all came out, milled around pecking at stuff then, some of them ran around, then by the time I checked the other coops and came back, they had all gone back inside and were getting ready to roost.

Crazy Eyes was still puffed up but she did act interested in her surroundings in the run, she pecked at some icecicles and some hay that had blown over from our horses stash.

I turned the heater back on for the night. Peaches is the lowest ranking chicken, she is a total sweetheart and likes to run up to me chattering really softly and then follows me around. Here's a picture of her, she's decided the heater is a lot better nighttime buddy than the other meanie fluffs. A lot of evenings she seems to wait to go to the top rail until everyone else has settled down.

Attachments

• 20220201_175526.jpg
    20220201_175526.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220201_175647.jpg
    20220201_175647.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 1
Well, a positive note on Crazy Eyes, yesterday she had the most food in her crop that I've felt in about 3 weeks now, and this morning it was completely empty. It was mid 40s yesterday and warmed up to 57 over night, so that likely helped her feel like eating too. It's supposed to go back to 22 degrees tonight and freezing for at least the next week.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom