I'm stymied.

I think the "Male Barred Rock" is a cuckoo maran
and it looks like all of those chickens except for the mix is a male
Well that really does follow the notion that TSC doesn't know diddly about pullets, though 3 of the chicks were pulled from the 'pullet' section. Three of the barred rocks are much lighter in color than one. He's the one to the far left of the photo, and he has the largest comb and wattle of the 4 barred rocks. Hopefully the pullets were pullets.

Last edited:
I don't know about that. Maybe. I would need to see individual pictures of each one. @CSolis ?
Ok, first off they weren't being very cooperative today, as you can see in the first photo. (just kidding, it was nap time). Second image shows from top view. 3 of the BRs are like this with pinkish comb, while the one male (I presumed) has a bigger, redder comb and more of a pointed tail. Which only leaves the other two still under discussion. I hope I don't have to build a second pen to keep the 'boys' apart.

Attachments

• notgoingforit1.jpg
    notgoingforit1.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 3likethis.jpg
    3likethis.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 11
Ok, first off they weren't being very cooperative today, as you can see in the first photo. (just kidding, it was nap time). Second image shows from top view. 3 of the BRs are like this with pinkish comb, while the one male (I presumed) has a bigger, redder comb and more of a pointed tail. Which only leaves the other two still under discussion. I hope I don't have to build a second pen to keep the 'boys' apart.
@sadness child is right. They are all males except for the Asian black one.

Back
Top Bottom