1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm such a dork!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So I go out to gather eggs this evening, and I'm happy cuz we got 10 today (out of 14 hens)

So I'm walking from the pool area to the back porch and the self closing gate hits my left pocket where eggs are but I didn't think it broke an egg

I get in the house to wash the eggs and put them in the fridge, put my hand in my left pocket and SCRAMBLED EGG.

I AM A DORK. MY CELL PHONE WAS IN that pocket.

Cell phone no longer works. Those were some expensive eggs.

Warning folks: Don't put eggs and cell phones in the same pocket.

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Hmm ok,, but at least your son didn't have to show you how your toothbrush worked!

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Invest in a basket [​IMG]

4. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:But I just forget and leave it in the house [​IMG]
    piecemaker

5. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Oooops... Very expensive eggs! (and you thought chicken feed was breaking your budget...) I'm not a dork... I'm a good girl.... I went to the dentist today and got my chompers cleaned. Look Mahonri.. no cavities! Then I went and ate lunch with a fellow chicken-addict. Got a new toothbrush to try out... Go wash your cell-phone and take the hairdryer to it.. you never know. [​IMG]

6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    bummer.. but Ill take note of that one so that I not become a dork LOL [​IMG]

7. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh thank goodness!!!! I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago! Glad to be on the dork team.

8. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Wash the phone, then take the battery out. Put all the pieces in a sealed Tupperware container with one of those silica gel packs that come with beef jerky or shoes, etc, (go to Walmart and swipe one from a box of shoes, if you don't have one handy!). Leave it there for about 24 hours, put it back together, and see if it works. Let me know if it works. My sister did this with her phone after one of her children laid it on the counter in a puddle of water, and it worked just fine! [​IMG]

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:My kids always went for the full dunk. I now buy cheap older cellphones on ebay and keep them on hand. THey might not be pretty but they still work.

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Been there, done that...............(((SIGH))))) ..... I hate the feeling as you carefully put your hand in your pocket knowing whats happened, but you still got to do it.... yak runny eggs.... [​IMG] M, hope the phone drys out for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by