Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
So I go out to gather eggs this evening, and I'm happy cuz we got 10 today (out of 14 hens)

So I'm walking from the pool area to the back porch and the self closing gate hits my left pocket where eggs are but I didn't think it broke an egg

I get in the house to wash the eggs and put them in the fridge, put my hand in my left pocket and SCRAMBLED EGG.

I AM A DORK. MY CELL PHONE WAS IN that pocket.

Cell phone no longer works. Those were some expensive eggs.

Warning folks: Don't put eggs and cell phones in the same pocket.

Invest in a basket
big_smile.png

Oooops... Very expensive eggs! (and you thought chicken feed was breaking your budget...) I'm not a dork... I'm a good girl.... I went to the dentist today and got my chompers cleaned. Look Mahonri.. no cavities! Then I went and ate lunch with a fellow chicken-addict. Got a new toothbrush to try out... Go wash your cell-phone and take the hairdryer to it.. you never know.
barnie.gif

Wash the phone, then take the battery out. Put all the pieces in a sealed Tupperware container with one of those silica gel packs that come with beef jerky or shoes, etc, (go to Walmart and swipe one from a box of shoes, if you don't have one handy!). Leave it there for about 24 hours, put it back together, and see if it works. Let me know if it works. My sister did this with her phone after one of her children laid it on the counter in a puddle of water, and it worked just fine!
thumbsup.gif

Been there, done that...............(((SIGH))))) ..... I hate the feeling as you carefully put your hand in your pocket knowing whats happened, but you still got to do it.... yak runny eggs....
hugs.gif
M, hope the phone drys out for you.

Back
Top Bottom