I'm worried about what they got into and ate.

wekiva bird

Songster
9 Years
Mar 18, 2010
South Carolina
Some of teenager BBS Rock and EE were bad yesterday.They got to my styrfoam insulation and ate some of it. I'm worried. They act fine have ate they food today. Will they past it or do I have to prepare to do something drastic.. thanks

I doubt anything drastic will be needed. I have exposed water pipes here and when the chickens that free range get a wild hair they will shred all the insulation right off them. Hasnt ever killed one that I know of. Now if its fiber glass insulation I would keep a close eye one them. Best thing to do is try and wrap any exposed insulation with a few good wraps of duct tape so they cant shred it so easily.

Mine ate all of the styrafoam covers off of the outside of my house. Twice before I knew where the covers kept going
roll.png
. In total, they consumed six of them. They are just fine. For some reason, chickens seem to love the texture of styrafoam....

Mine ate the foam leg covers off our trampoline a couple of weeks ago, and they were all fine! Hopefully yours will be the same.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom