Impacted Crop... PLEASE HELP

it didnt budge. i must not be getting enough water in at once. some brown smelly liquid came out and not very much. not sure if im going to put him thru the cutting. i need to let him go in peace. im going to scramble him some eggs. i gave oil day before yesterday and then read it is not good, it makes it worse.. same with AVC. i used baking soda. i might put some oil in the egg i have nothing to loose. thank you for all your help, and if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. praying.

I think you need to just focus on getting him hydrated, deal with the mass after! He should be able to digest Pedialyte, then Pedialyte mixed with baby bird food...

-Kathy

hes to the point where he is suffering. he is barely standing up. im making him something to eat. i dont have the money to drive the distance to petsmart for baby bird food, i dont even have the gas money today. i did all i could i believe in my heart its time to let him go. if he perks up any, i will do the hydrating. all i know is putting the water in him really took alot out of him. i do appreciate your encouragement and help. i feel its time to give up. my boyfriend gets home at 3. i will make the decision then.

hes to the point where he is suffering. he is barely standing up. im making him something to eat. i dont have the money to drive the distance to petsmart for baby bird food, i dont even have the gas money today. i did all i could i believe in my heart its time to let him go. if he perks up any, i will do the hydrating. all i know is putting the water in him really took alot out of him. i do appreciate your encouragement and help. i feel its time to give up. my boyfriend gets home at 3. i will make the decision then.
I don't know what to tell you,this is so sad. I hesitate to suggest this,but if you think you are going to cull him,i would try the surgery. Just research,so you know what you are doing. There are several threads on here of people that have done the surgery,and were successful. Type in impacted crop surgery,and all the info is there. There is also youtube video of impacted crop surgery. I read through threads and it does not sound very complicated. Just hope is not to weak,but if there is nothing more that can be done,i would do it. This is just my opinion.

he didnt eat the eggs. im afraid to try to get more water in him. i can see into his throat, im afraid i did something wrong. if i shot it in the wrong hole it would have killed him right?

he didnt eat the eggs.  im afraid to try to get more water in him.  i can see into his throat, im afraid i did something wrong.   if i shot it in the wrong hole it would have killed him right?

You should be able to feel the tube on the righ side of his neck as you're putting it in and it should go all the way into his crop. Add some corn syrup or sugar to the water tohelp perk him up and make sure the water is warm, not cold.

-Kathy

going to try the surgery i think. i want to try. going to get saline and find some long tweezers.. i dont have a good feeling but its either that or put him down. i will let you all know what happened. thanks. i think if he survives it will be a long road.

Back
Top Bottom