impacted crop

I read once to "keep your chickens hungry". I try not to feed too much. I feed morning and night but then my birds don't have free range available. At night, after they go to bed, I clean up all the food that wasn't eaten, it's not much at all. I do this because I despise feeding mice and I'm trying to starve them out. I also collect all their water.

I have exactly the same problem with one of my hens. I have been to the vet with her this morning. He has given me liquid paraffin to give her with a syringe. He said that if it was a food blockage then that should shift it in a couple of days, but he did say that it could be something further down, a growth etc!! - He did said that I could try cooking oil as well!

He is going to make some enquiries and said he'll call me later if he comes up with anything else that may help. If he does I'll let you know.

I'm also going to try bathing her in warm water to see if I can relax the muscles in the area - I know they do that for trapped eggs, so hoping it'll help this too!!

Hope this helps
How is your chicken..? Lola my 6 month chicken has the same problem. I'm in dire need of advice I don't want to lose my girl..

Back
Top Bottom