Impacted vent - I think

Alright, I think I got the majority of the poo out.
The area around her vent isn't bulging out as much anymore.
Thank you so much for you help!
God answered my prayers when you gave me
help.
:wee:ya:celebrate
Thank you so much, sir!:woot
(Or ma'am)

You're welcome. See that she gets plenty of water. Be sure she isn't have trouble accessing the water in some way. That's how one of my first chicks got plugged up. The waterer malfunctioned.

I took another look at her, and it looks like the area around and under the vent is bulging out,
Do you know how to fix this?
I don't think there is anymore hard stuff in there, just broken up sand and food.

PXL_20230613_014202176.jpg

Here she is
I also noticed an air bubble on the right side of her neck, you can probably see it above. Is that normal? She is wet from washing her and trying to get coconut oil in her beak, but I have a heat lamp for her.

Get her dried and warmed up as quickly as possible. The bulge on her front is likely her crop. I think the rear bulge is an optical illusion caused by the wet down making it stand out. But if you see swelling of the vent itself, use a little cortisone cream on it to reduce swelling and pain.

I think I celebrated too early...
The air bubble is actually air sacculitis, and she hasn't pooped yet. Based on what I was reading, I don't think she's gonna make it.:hit
All I can do now is pray for her.:fl

Back
Top Bottom