Import of Chicks or Eggs for hatching

Anyone here has any experience of importing chicks (little chicken
tongue.png
) or eggs through airplane. I'm in Pakistan and was looking forward to keep Sex-links or Australorps.

I know nothing about importing till now. If anyone had any experience of importing chicks to any country, please share your experience and the procedure. Thankyou!

if you get any info, let me know too

I have a vacation in the fall in Portugal and will see if I can bring back eggs. I would be carrying them. I’ve complicated things by flying out of Toronto so I have to go through Canadian customs when I land and US when I drive back into the US. I know I need a vet to sign off on the originating flock and I need to cross the US border when the vet is on duty or pay extra. I know there are certain countries that are easier than others. It could quickly get too complicated! I’ve got time to untangle the web of regulations. To further complicate things I wasn’t considering doing this when I booked my flight, and they will be duck eggs, so the whole thing could be moot since prime time for ducklings is spring. If anyone wants to confirm that it will be the wrong time of year please let me know. The breed I want to import has a small gene pool in NA hence wanting some new genetics (Dutch Hookbills).

Back
Top Bottom