Important breed question for cornish X Rock

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MMPoultryFarms, Oct 21, 2010.

1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    We know that nowdays the majority of these meat birds are cornish whites and rock whites. is it possible to breed the 2 of them roo over hen and attempt to resurface that white cornish? I know they dont breed true and thats not my goal.my goal is to breed back and cull, breed, cull till I have unmasked the white cornishis this doable?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Wait, so are you looking to make Cornish X's or White Cornish?

If you truly want White Cornish, there are some few and rare breeders out there worth the search for.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yes there are a very few breeders of pure White Cornish if that is what you are wanting, I didnt think anyone bred them anymore until I started looking for them. If that is what you want, PM me and I can give you a couple names if I can find them.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Depending on what you are after, Rareroo is probably your best bet. But if you are going to make the effort yourself, these videos might be helpful.

Broiler Chicken Videos

5. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Quote:my only intention is to resurface the white cornish breed that is so far lost to society. I dont want meat birds just standard white cornish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by