Important Guinea question??

Elisi

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
Raymond, WA.
We have recently moved into a new home with a barn. The barn has power but no fixtures are connected yet. (I will be installing plugs & lights later this week) As you can see in the photo, the power wire comes into the barn in the lower corner. I am building a box around that part so that the birds can't get to it. (goslings & guinea keets arriving next month) The wire runs up the corner, along the ceiling to just outside the stall I will be using.

It's hard to see in the photo but there are some small spaces where the wall, ceiling & roof meet just above where the wire is. (that shelf thing & the orange extension cord have been removed. The white wire has been restrung so it isn't just hanging like in the photo) The spaces are to small for the adult guineas to have any interest in them but the young ones just starting to fly might like the spaces to roost, not a big deal if they do. My concern is if they do will they try to peck at the wire?

I need to know if I should cover the wire with something BEFORE I install the fixtures.

I doubt the guineas would pierce the sheilding on the wire, I worry about mice. I used metal romax wire in the spiral metal shield. makesme feel better at least.

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...splay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

8d377d44-6133-440f-a699-749fce761d1a_400.jpg

RobertH

Last edited:
Thank-you so much Kris!!
I have seen something like that before and actually forgot about it till I checked out the link! Awesome idea!
smile.png
I also had not figured in the mice. The barn has been totally empty for at least 3 years so no mice right now, but we have lots of field mice everywhere so I am sure as soon as they figure out there is hay & feed in there again they will be back! Not taking a chance on them chewing the wire! It WILL get covered!
You have saved me some time!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom