IMPORTANT-people who have ordered from ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by LinckHillPoultry, Jan 29, 2008.

1. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Okay. I am planning on ordering from ideal poultry. My question is for people who have ordered from ideal, how much is shipping?
    I plan on ordering 25 chicks, which is equivalent to exactly 1/4 of the box.
    It says that for orders less than one full box add $7.00 handling. & the other says for states other than texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma & Missouri, add 12 cents per chick for priority mail, that is $3.00. Does that mean shipping total is just $10? Please give me an answer [​IMG]

2. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Off hand, I do not remember the shipping cost but I would recommend you call or email them, They are the nicest people on earth and will go out of their way to accomodate you. I had several shipments last year and not one complaint. Shipping was fast, birds were healthy and sexing was 100%

3. ChickenSquat

ChickenSquat Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Social Circle,Ga
    I ordered 15 and my shipping was $11.80. $7.00 small order fee,$3.00 quarter box fee,$1.80 air mail charge.

4. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    I just found my old invoice and my shipping was 12 dollars. It was cut off at the bottom so I couldn't see the exact break down. lol

cassandra

5. countryentertainment

countryentertainment Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2007
    Mass.
    My husband asked the same question a week or two ago and Ideal said there is no shipping charge added. So just the costs that you mentioned and an additional for multiple breeds or sexes.

6. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    I just placed a 25 chick order, with 6 different breeds in that order. It came to around $75. You need to read their shipping charges info on their website.
    brian

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Their shipping page has all the info you need. It is 12 cents per chick IF they have to air mail you your birds. Then, for every breed under 25 birds you order, it is an extra $1. Since you are ordering under 100 total, there is a $7 for your package.

Shipping for you if you ordered all the same type of chicks will be 10.

8. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks everyone. I thought that was the price. I just wasnt sure because all the other hatcheries ship for a lot more. This is perfect! I'm so excited!

9. AprilAWZ

AprilAWZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    northeastern MN
    Good grief...I saw the heading for this thread, and I thought you were going to tell us they had just discovered a huge Marek outbreak in their stock! [​IMG]

10. Hawkster318

Hawkster318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2007
    North Freedom Wisconsin
    As a comparison, I ordered 25 from Murry McMurray and s&H total was $8.75 total. I live in Wisconsin and they are in Iowa.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by