Important question!!!

Have you considered making a run for them when you can't watch them? It will keep them safe and allow for them to keep them from feeling cramped and bored.

Thank y'all so much and one last thing raising chicks how hard is it on a scale 1-10 I don't go on vacation or anything but I do visit my mother and father for 2 days top and I have people that live with me to and they usually watch over them but there not experienced with chicks

I think it is easy, but I started on chicks knowing nothing and quickly learned. Watch the heat, 95 for first week and drop 5 each week. I didn't have a reliable way to measure heat when I got mine and didn't know the rule (didn't know about BYC until 2 weeks in). They will crowd under the heat if it is too cold (while sleeping), and stay out of the light if it is too hot. You will be on non stop poop patrol for the feed and water. It is important that you keep both clean, and it seems it is important for them to test your ability to keep it clean. Watch them for any problems like sprayed legs and pasty butt, as this needs to be corrected asap! Pasty butt can simply be washed off and dried, but if they get it once more than likely they will get it again. It is mearly the poop getting stuck in the fur but if not taken care of they can block up and die. Sprayed legs needs to be splinted for them to be able to properly walk and there for thrive. I suggest medicated feed as it helps with some problems, but some people don't.

Back
Top Bottom