Importing from a foreign country

Well, we already have a few breeders here in the USA working with the English Australorps. I have some, and I bought my hatching eggs for them from Kurt in W.V. who is also a member here at BYC. We have the Blacks, Blues, and Splash colors of them.

Really? I hadn't realized there were people working on the English ones. I think I might have seen some of Kurt's birds but hadn't realized what type they were. That's great :)

Really? I hadn't realized there were people working on the English ones. I think I might have seen some of Kurt's birds but hadn't realized what type they were. That's great
smile.png

He's closer to you than I am. Here's his sales thread about them: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...gs-rattlesnake-ridge-line-pm-for-availibility

Well, we already have a few breeders here in the USA working with the English Australorps. I have some, and I bought my hatching eggs for them from Kurt in W.V. who is also a member here at BYC. We have the Blacks, Blues, and Splash colors of them.
Austral Orps are Australian. Cook made the Black Orpington as a utility breed in England, it was the colony of Australia that bred them to excellent utility and new breed called Australorp. If your wanting to import Australs I'd go to the source.

Austral Orps are Australian. Cook made the Black Orpington as a utility breed in England, it was the colony of Australia that bred them to excellent utility and new breed called Australorp. If your wanting to import Australs I'd go to the source.

Wait really!? Whoops! That actually makes sense though and oddly, I was actually wondering if they were Australian because the name kind of sounds like it. And now that I know they are, it makes so much sense.... Australorp... Australian Orpington!

Australia might be harder to get birds from though. Maybe not but it's further away/more expensive to get to

Speaking of which, I wonder if it would be cheaper to go in with someone? Like maybe a few people could either locate/contact breeders from here, or perhaps even go there and find them, and then everyone could import them together? Might be cheaper to go in together on the costs?
Several of us Faverolles breeders had contemplated pooling resources to get new stock imported from the UK via hatching eggs. The problem was who got what and when? Who would be selected to incubate them? Who got to distribute the hatchlings and/or their offspring? Live birds would be no easier.

So until I win the lottery any Faverolles imports are out of reach.

Several of us Faverolles breeders had contemplated pooling resources to get new stock imported from the UK via hatching eggs. The problem was who got what and when? Who would be selected to incubate them? Who got to distribute the hatchlings and/or their offspring? Live birds would be no easier.

So until I win the lottery any Faverolles imports are out of reach.

Hmm that makes sense, I never thought of it like that. Might be hard to distribute, especially when it comes to who gets the best birds, etc.

I wonder if it would be easier if you went in with someone who wanted completely different breeds? That way there'd be no fighting over the best birds. But it still probably wouldn't be any easier.

And same. I'm pulling for the powerball though LOL

That would be fine for those who have enough money to import a new bloodline from over there. But, I got mine through a line that is already here.

Back
Top Bottom