Impossible to get a pair of turkeys now?

marquisella

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Yes, its late in the year, but I would like, if possible to get a pair of Narragansett Turkeys this time of year?

If so, where?

Thanks
M

Have you posted a want add under farm and garden on Craiglist? This might be the best time to find a pair. Many people wait until November to sell them for Thanksgiving.

Where I live we have a few poultry auctions. Maybe you have something like that. Ask your feed store. They would know if anyone raises turkeys in your area.

There are Narr breeders listed with the ALBC in Garrettsville and Jefferson. I'll PM you their contact info.
smile.png

I agree with OmaBird. Thanksgiving is next month and there should be a lot of ads coming out soon if they are not already out. At least, there are a lot of ads here in South Louisiana. Many people are looking for turkeys. I get emails and calls a lot from people wanting turkeys. A customer contacted me from my website just last night and wants to buy some turkeys.

Try looking in Farm and Garden or posting like Omabird suggested. Keep us posted if you find anyone. Good Luck.

I found a pair of BRs last week on Craigslist under farm and garden. Try that. The man had alot of turkeys,guineas, chickens, ducks, geese and a pair of Emus. He was selling out because his wife left him until he gets rid of the birds. When I told my DH, his response was, I would have said, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"! You never know what you might find!

Quote:
Good ideas, I will post on Craigs list in my area. I was hoping for young birds, but maybe I'll find a pair that will be sparred being Thanksgiving dinner! LOL

Sue

Quote:
OMG, that is funny. Not for that man, of course. But wow.

Of course, you never know, the birds may have been putting them in a rough spot financially, interfering with their marriage... you just never know. She may have had valid reasons even if it does sound absolutely absurd on the outside.

Quote:
Good ideas, I will post on Craigs list in my area. I was hoping for young birds, but maybe I'll find a pair that will be sparred being Thanksgiving dinner! LOL

Sue

I did find some on Craigs list...a pair of Narragansetts, and a BB Bronze hen, then a pair of Bourbon Reds.

And one of the hens is laying eggs. I've gotten 5 in 7 days....They all were spring hatches.

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I'l be asking questions again..

Sue

Back
Top Bottom