In lock down and someone is OOZING :P

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cozycritters, Dec 30, 2010.

1. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    I was just checking temps, etc, on my bator full of eggs and I noticed what looked like a tiny bead attached to one of the eggs. On closer examination I noticed many more beads and then a gooey drip of what looks like white dripping from the same egg. I'm assuming it's a dead egg anyway, but I'm in lock down (due Sat. morning) Do I risk leaving it in or do I try to pull it? [​IMG]

I tried to get pics, but my camera ate them... [​IMG] They weren't very clear anyway [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

GET IT OUT NOW! You will have a HUGE STINKY mess if you do not.

3. gamamachik

gamamachik Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    South GA
    Sounds like a rotten egg...won't be good if it explodes ....smelly and messy......[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    handle it carefuly stick in zip lock them garbage bag! [​IMG]

5. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks! I just pulled it and it was pretty nasty looking. Thankfully it doesn't stink, but it looks like it was a time bomb waiting to ruin everything!

6. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Quote:Just in time! the first chick would have hatched and started a game of egg soccer and it would have been all over! [​IMG]

7. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    That can also happen when the chick pips and the heat and humidity is too high. Not as bad in chicks but a bigger problem with poults. Make sure the temp and humidity readings are correct.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by