In love with a rescued mallard duckling. Can we keep her?

I rescued a baby duckling from the shop lastnight and it looks like a baby mallard duck i looked for its mother but she was nowhere in sight and i grown qttached to little Yugi thats what i named the duckling and he seemed so small almost as if he hatched a while ago I need advice on what to do of I want to keep him beacuse i think that this baby duckling is an orphaned and he seems to like me....God led me to the baby duck and i knew if i didnt do anything to help it it wouldint have survive the night please if you know anything or how i can keep it at my friemds place with her other ducks let me know im in dire need of advice here

I rescued a baby duckling from the shop lastnight and it looks like a baby mallard duck i looked for its mother but she was nowhere in sight and i grown qttached to little Yugi thats what i named the duckling and he seemed so small almost as if he hatched a while ago I need advice on what to do of I want to keep him beacuse i think that this baby duckling is an orphaned and he seems to like me....God led me to the baby duck and i knew if i didnt do anything to help it it wouldint have survive the night please if you know anything or how i can keep it at my friemds place with her other ducks let me know im in dire need of advice here

I don't recommend keeping a baby duck with adult ducks. A young duckling will need a brooder set up with a heat source like a heat lamp.

If it is a wild duck I recommend finding a licensed wildlife rescue and giving the duckling to them.

I have a friend that has bought various eggs and hatched them out with his incubator. I never realized, but he told.me you can buy many types of bird's eggs, Chicken, Pheasant, Quail, Dove, Game Bird, Goose & Duck, and many varieties of such. He has hatched and raised many, some fly off, most stay. His set up is awesome, it's no wonder they stay. He even had a few leave then return mos later with mates! He never banded or clipped any & no one has ever shown up to give him any grief. He has 2 ponds, the larger pond is 5 acres away for the many wild Geese & Ducks that may visit. A few may curiously come up to his own Goose & Duck area with a smaller pond closer to his coops, but only 2 wild ones decided to stay. He does inoculate his birds & the ones that stayed. It is impossible to tell who is who just by looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom