1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

In Memorium

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    20 years ago today, Marc Lépine murdered 14 women at École Polytechnique in Montreal.

Would you note that if I commit suicide today 89-12-06 it is not for economic reasons (for I have waited until I exhausted all my financial means, even refusing jobs) but for political reasons. Because I have decided to send the feminists, who have always ruined my life, to their Maker. For seven years life has brought me no joy and being totally blase, I have decided to put an end to those viragos.

Please consider a few moments of silence and reflextion for these women who were killed for no reason other than their gender.

* Geneviève Bergeron (born 1968), civil engineering student
    * Hélène Colgan (born 1966), mechanical engineering student
    * Nathalie Croteau (born 1966), mechanical engineering student
    * Barbara Daigneault (born 1967), mechanical engineering student
    * Anne-Marie Edward (born 1968), chemical engineering student
    * Maud Haviernick (born 1960), materials engineering student
    * Maryse Laganière (born 1964), budget clerk in the École Polytechnique's finance department
    * Maryse Leclair (born 1966), materials engineering student
    * Anne-Marie Lemay (born 1967), mechanical engineering student
    * Sonia Pelletier (born 1961), mechanical engineering student
    * Michèle Richard (born 1968), materials engineering student
    * Annie St-Arneault (born 1966), mechanical engineering student
    * Annie Turcotte (born 1969), materials engineering student
    * Barbara Klucznik-Widajewicz (born 1958), nursing student​

2. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Scary! sending [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Hard to believe it was that long ago. My prayers to their families. [​IMG]

7. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    I had no idea this even happened, but I believe I was a Sophomore in HS at the time......

Tragic; my condolences. It should never have happened....

[​IMG]

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    How terrible to lose all of those brilliant young women.
    What's even worse is stuff like that happens all the time in the Middle East. A few years back there was a fire at a girls school. Even though the authorities were equipped to save the students, they "couldn't risk" seeing the girls without their proper covering, so they let them all burn to death. [​IMG]

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Yes, HappyMtn. I think it's important to remember that women and children are not even second class citizens in other countries and maybe even our own.....They have no prestige or legal standing in so many. And suffer persecution, unspeakable crimes against them, torture and death. Even today, so many women and children trapped in domestic violence...it just tugs at my heart and osul.

I'm certainly going to pray for the family and friends of those listed above, but I pray everyday for the downtrodden of the world in every country....Those that are what I call the "modern heroes" who try to help these people are often victims but their efforts do not go unnoticed, of that I am sure.

I am blessed not to be one of these tormented women or children but I know that often what I consider "civilized" is not a worldwide theme. And sometimes I wonder if all the violence all over movies, music and the news doesn't just escalate the violence....

mmmm, wish I could have written with such fervor in my Philosophy class,[​IMG] but alas at that age, my vision of the world was so much smaller.

Thank you for those thought and soul provoking thread and have a blessed day.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  10. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    ahhh yes , [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by