In my own backyard

Wow, Yup very sad indeed.
sad.png

I cant even imagine being a witness to that scene... ugh..

The problem is that the spectators INSIST on standing so close to the track that they can touch the cars. I really feel for the driver. That sport is ripe with room for error and with fans that close, there is going to tragedy.

I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for people that take their own lives into their own hands and then don't expect anything to happen. By their own words...

"You could touch it if you wanted to. It's part of the excitement," Carmikle told The Associated Press. "There's always that risk factor, but you just don't expect that it will happen to you."

I have other words besides 'excitement' that I'd put in there.

Quote:
I agree they acted stupid and I realy don't feel sorry for them,now I do feel sorry for the families left behind having to deal with this.

The quote further down "completely impossible" to have safety constraints like guardrails. And besides, he said, the sport wouldn't want them. "We wouldn't want that as a spectator or as anybody [competing] in the sport," further drives that stake in that sometimes people are just asking for trouble. As sad as it is stupidity does have a way of catching up to people. I run into a lot of people these days who actually think nothing is going to happen to them especially when driving. I really have no idea where this recklessness is spawning from but there are crosses all along the roads out here.

I heard about this from another forum, so tragic. You would never find me in such a dangerous place though, I mean this could have happened ages ago. It is a dangerous sport and a dangerous place to be.

Everyone likes danger. No one likes the consequences of danger gone wrong. Many of us like to push the odds but you have to think "Can I survive the odds beating me?" Most don't think of that.

Back
Top Bottom