In need of a rooster NC

asmith

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 6, 2009
Hi,
I would like to start hatching out some biddies for my small flock and am in need of a rooster. Although I am sort of picky of what I want my rooster to look like all standard breeds with a single comb. They do not have to be pure bred they just have to be pretty. When he gets to our house he will have 5 girls and a 7 acre property to free range on they seriously free rang they have no fencing except for when theyre cooped up at night! He will be loved and cared for very well.
Need to's:
Standard sized
single comb
NICE
be able to "produce" little biddies
NEEDS TO BE AT MOST 1 HOUR DRIVE TO PICK UP IF LONGER WE WOULD NEED TO MEET SOMEWHERE

If Possibe:
Orpington (any type of color)
cochin
Dorking
sussex
would love to have special color types but if not oh well
pictures of that rooster or its parents

Thanks
wink.png

Last edited:
I have a couple of orpington roos that you could have. They are Buffs and I may even have a blue orp roo as well. I am in Conway, SC. about 12 miles into sc from nc state line.
Dick

I have 2 Buff Orp cockerels if you are interested. One was hatched from Jody (hinkjc on BYC) and is 4 months old and the other is from our birds and is 3 months old. I'm asking $5 each or both for $8. Let me know if you are interested.

ETA: I also have a show quality large fowl black cochin cockerel (10 months old) for sale.

Last edited:
I have an almost 7 month old Silver Lakenvelder cockerel that I'd be willing to rehome. He has never tried to flog a human and is VERY doting to the girls! I got him as a 3 day old chick on March 20 and hate to have to give him up, but he has started beating up my 1-1/2 year old SLW roo and I can't have that. If they can't live together in harmony then one is going to have to go and I'm choosing to keep my oldest boy.

Here he is on September 2 (sorry it's a bit blurry) at 5-1/2 months old.

10133_img_6760.jpg

Here he is making sure some of the girls are enjoying their Spaghetti-Os.
smile.png

10133_img_6796.jpg

Send me a private message if you're interested in him. I'm about 25 miles south of Raleigh, just to give you an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
AGAIN this has to be within 1 hr of driving distance from Havelock NC (mapquest it if not sure). If not then we would have to meet somewhere and still I will be restricted to little more than an hour!!!
If you are more than an hour away from where I am located and not willing to drive I would not even think about this if I were you!!
Thankyou,
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom