In need of desperate help!

Yay!!!! :) That's half the battle at least. Mine didn't feel like eating a ton for a day or two afterwards. I guess it's kind of like having stomach flu for us...the icky feeling lingers a bit. Good plan on the liquids. Hoping everything else resolves quickly.

Ok. Crop still good. Poop looking a lot better. She eats a little bit and she still will not drink on her own. Energy level up a bit. My concerns not wanting to drink and she still closes eyes a lot. I guess I need to know if she should be bouncing back by now or is there something else I should do. Or is it just a lack of energy due to her illnesses and lack of food and water during that time. I have been giving het electrolyte water by dropper. She seems to gain energy though the day. She is real mopy and tired in the morning

Is she still on the cocci med? I know I have read that you can do a follow up treatment after the first round. I would think she should be getting over the ill effects of sour crop now sorry to say. If she still isn't eating drinking well and still pale then I don't believe it's her crop causing it. Is she eating her regular chicken food or just treats?

She is still on corid. Last day for it. I ended up putting her back with her buddies. She is totally enjoying that. Scratching, dust bathing and being a chicken. Going to watch her to make sure she eats and drinks. I've been feeding her moistened food and scrambled egg. She is not mopy anymore. Maybe just a case of being lonely. I plan on starting probiotics tomorrow in water then giving a follow up dose of preventative cocci treatment and then eventually give then their follow up worm treatment. She has also already ate while in with the other chickens.

Well you all like updates... she is happy and healthy. I guess the last thing she needed was back with her buddies. Total stress off of me and we were able to save her. Thank you again to everyone who helped! God bless!

So glad to hear this! Sorry I lagged in responses- I am dealing with a sick chick currently. (not going so well)

Thank you also for the updates... it totally helps people who do searches. I can't tell you the number of times I found on these message boards, after doing a search, someone describing the exact problem I am seeing in a chicken- only to hear nothing more from them... Its total heartbreak when you are in need of answers! You just want to know what happened, how it went.. etc, so that you can possibly know how to treat them. So thank you so much!

Okay... one more question. I am doing the follow up worming. I know you treat cappillary worms five days, but is the follow up five or three days?

Back
Top Bottom