In need of some Breeders/Hatcheries in Canada/Maritime Provinces Please

Cbrooks2

Hatching
Sep 10, 2016
New Brunswick CANADA
Hi everyone! I am just newly into this chicken craze XD To be exact I have 5, 4 week old Ameracuna/Easter Eggers Right now out in my coop (8x10) enjoying their heat lamp nicely for now. My issue is that I believe I have 3 roos and 2 pullets which I know is such a bad imbalance! I purchased these guys 4 weeks ago and the person I picked them up from only had 5 left. I had a feeling I would get more roosters but now I am in a predicament. Essentially this person was only 5minutes up the road from me but doesn't have anymore to add to my flock at this time and is done hatching for the season.

I know it is late probably to be raising chicks but was wondering if anyone had some reputable breeders in the Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick - where I am now, Nova Scotia, PEI)? They would of course need to ship some eggs to me unless in NB.. I am really looking for pure ameracaunas

I just don't want to have such few chickens in the coop for this winter coming and would love to set some eggs in my incubator.. then into a brooder with a heat lamp prior to the snow fall coming. Or maybe it's too late for that? I am such a newbie XD Anyways either way in the spring I would still like to have some good breeders to possibly be my "go to" peeps.

Thanks so much in advance!

~soon to be chicken expert.. *someday*
D.gif

P.S. that image is the day I brought the chicks home. I need to get an updated one of them all and not just one

Back
Top Bottom