in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

This little rivalry started out in the nest, as a trio of what I now believe were males.
I found a tiny baby on the ground a few times and i always placed it carefully back.
The 4th time I found it, (I dont actually know if it was the same one each time), it was almost.dead, and did not survive in the nest.
Survival of the fittest, I guess.
These are the other 2.
VideoCapture_20221009-113151.jpg
VideoCapture_20221009-111326.jpg
VideoCapture_20221009-152443.jpg
VideoCapture_20221009-112748.jpg

This little rivalry started out in the nest, as a trio of what I now believe were males.
I found a tiny baby on the ground a few times and i always placed it carefully back.
The 4th time I found it, (I dont actually know if it was the same one each time), it was almost.dead, and did not survive in the nest.
Survival of the fittest, I guess.
These are the other 2.View attachment 3287698View attachment 3287699View attachment 3287700View attachment 3287701
Beautiful looking birds, Do you know the species???? I have not seen such in my area,, I like the wing pattern tone. :love

Beautiful looking birds, Do you know the species???? I have not seen such in my area,, I like the wing pattern tone. :love

They are Mockingbird.
They have several different "languages".
They mimick other birds, amphibians, reptiles and insects. They also (at my home) sing past midnight often...
They are very aggressive during mating/hatching ...

Back
Top Bottom