in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

My feet, neuroma, and cough have decided that sleep is unnecessary for me, even though I am sick. (Feet are on fire. So is the neuroma, thanks to the cough not shutting up.)
Hate to hear that. Hope you get to feeling better.

Best thing for this assuming it is not banned from your home is whiskey or bourbon, rock candy an honey.

Take one bottle of bourbon an pour most of it in to a jar filled with rock candy. It can probably be made from regular sugar to but rock candy is tradition. This is for sipping on all day assuming you drink lots of water an are home on the couch.
https://www.google.com/search?num=1....0....0...1c.1.32.serp..0.11.1387.3VwU0kgaE6g

Here is a jar I have that has never been opened an I have no idea the date on it. It says milk can be used too but warm sugar milk I dont see doing much. Only date on the jar says sense 1880.

Whats left over in the bourbon bottle is mixed with honey. I usually have to heat it in the microwave some to get it to mix. Usually about 1/4th honey when mixed. Traditionally here we take a shot or two at night an go strait to bed an sleep on your belly if you can or side if not. Never on your back.(not on your back is standard, nothing to do with the drink) A half a shot glass will get a kid threw the night, full shot glass will get a non drinking adult threw the nigh an 2 will an heavy drinker.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bou...oDA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=1023&bih=512&dpr=1.25

NyQuil is based off these two but uses chemicals to do it. Bourbon cuts the mucus in the throat clearing it. It also turns off the part of the nose that make it. Ever time you breath out from then on you system is exhaling bits of bourbon keeping the throat an nose clear. The bourbon also knocks you out an suppresses your nervous system making you hurt less an stopping the need to cough. The honey coats the throat protecting an soothing it.

Disclaimer to ANYONE reading this- Though I have medical training, this is not standard medical advice an should not be taken that way. This is a traditional cure that I happen to use. Use at your on risk when 21 an older after consulting your own doctor, your parents an maybe even the pope. Do not break any laws. Yada, Yada, Yada, cover my butt an all...

Last edited:
Quote: Hold on, gotta email the Pope and see if he says it's AOK. xD

Unfortunately we don't have whiskey - there's a little bit of brandy though, which my dad told me to take lol. I'm taking herbal cough syrups with honey and teas and stuff. Vitamin C and andrographis. Zinc and echinacea, Vicks rub, basil oil, etc etc.

Last edited:
Hold on, gotta email the Pope and see if he says it's AOK. xD
gig.gif

Heather, I hope you feel better soon. I had a three month cough that I still have, but I am not throwing my back out with it any more, so I consider it over enough. I did it without Bourbon, but I would have used it if I had had it. (although three months of drinking myself to sleep would be considered a binder wouldn't it? or just a social problem?)

I had the feet thing. It feels like you could boil water with them.
If i miss a pill, it comes back quickly.

I am so sorry you are miserable.
hugs.gif

After a few weeks of watching the weather, it suddenly occurred to me that snow and cats aren't that different. I mean, think about it! They don't come when you want them to, they come when you don't want them to, they both cause bodily injury and mental stress, and are underfoot trying to trip you when you're trying to work.
smile.png

Last edited:
Heather,  I hope you feel better soon. I had a three month cough that I still have, but I am not throwing my back out with it any more, so I consider it over enough. I did it without Bourbon, but I would have used it if I had had it. (although three months of drinking myself to sleep would be considered a binder wouldn't it? or just a social problem?)

I had the feet thing. It feels like you could boil water with them.
If i miss a pill, it comes back quickly.

I am so sorry you are miserable. :hugs

Thanks! :hugs
3 months is an awful long time to have a cough! Glad it's mostly gone! And yes. Boil water, melt ice, it's so annoying. I had to get up and stand on the cold floor for a while and they still were burning!

So guys, I need a new camera. Trying to decide between these two... Opinions? (I really can't go any more expensive than the second, and even that's pushing my limits
tongue.png
)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00908BMVE...TF8&colid=2CQ11FKSLGXI7&coliid=I3OGEKOFGKYKLS

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MTMFHU...UTF8&colid=2CQ11FKSLGXI7&coliid=I9PR7VSTVB9SZ
I like the second one. A lot of money though. Thats getting in to DSLR price range. It is also .jpg only an does not let you do change the ISO speed for long exposure night shots.

Back
Top Bottom