in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Kicked up by wind? Or a previous storm?
"Yes".

This is a gust front haboob from a collapsing thunderstorm. As it passes, it destabilizes the air mass it flows through, often kicking up additional storms (which is happening now). If they paus far enough out tonight, I shoudl get a good light show again.

"Yes".

This is a gust front haboob from a collapsing thunderstorm. As it passes, it destabilizes the air mass it flows through, often kicking up additional storms (which is happening now). If they paus far enough out tonight, I shoudl get a good light show again.
Hmmmmmm. Dare I assume your at least a bit of a weather fan or hobbyists? Your expression has me leaning heavily in this perspective of thought….

Hmmmmmm. Dare I assume your at least a bit of a weather fan or hobbyists? Your expression has me leaning heavily in this perspective of thought….
Indirectly. As a photographer, and especially one who loves storm chasing, I have spent some time learning a bit about weather patterns in general and a lot of time understanding how they work in my neck of the woods. Timing is everything when chasing storms, and being able to stay in front of rapidly moving cells to stay safe and get good shots means you have to know a bit. My science background means I tend to use the nerd words when talking about science-y things.

Plus, Haboob is such a fun word to say.

Indirectly. As a photographer, and especially one who loves storm chasing, I have spent some time learning a bit about weather patterns in general and a lot of time understanding how they work in my neck of the woods. Timing is everything when chasing storms, and being able to stay in front of rapidly moving cells to stay safe and get good shots means you have to know a bit. My science background means I tend to use the nerd words when talking about science-y things.

Plus, Haboob is such a fun word to say.
Agree on all references… especially with regard to chasing & word usage, not just for haboob.

Cleaning off my phone, ran across this. Not sure where Chip thought she was going but her bad seems to be packed.
20200308_185742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom