in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

FB_IMG_1679367851264.jpg

When will spring come? Today is first day of spring..but..so many of us are still getting snow, not a lot here, but still cold at night too.
Here it is the usual, habitual weather, it is always like this here. Snow actively begins to melt only in April. Although in March it also melts, but slowly. But in April there will be many streams and even rivers. In the place where I live, there is a forest river Klubish, in spring and early summer it is considered a river and even marked on the map, but at the end of summer it gradually dries up so much that only wet sand remains at the bottom. In autumn it starts to rain - and she gets water again.
There is also such a thing as return frosts. Usually they are in the middle or even the end of May. Once they were in June, ie. in the summer, and it killed my cherry tree that grew near the garage.
I am now writing through an online translator so as not to make unnecessary mistakes in English, but it does not write correctly too, lol, I do not know how to write. In general, there are two types - cherries and sour cherries. These are completely different berries, they are similar in appearance, but different in taste. Sweet cherries bear fruit in spring, cherries - closer to autumn. Here is the one that bears fruit in the spring, I died due to return frosts.
In general, in the place where I live, few people cultivate them, everyone says that in winter they freeze out, and only the part that is under the snow remains alive. And it turns out that the plants do not bear fruit, but only grow new young branches every year, which freeze out every winter.
I went for the trick - I have a relatively large garage for 2 cars, there is a very wide entrance, and there is still a road. I planted this cherry near the garage so that every winter, when cleaning the road, snow would fit on it. As a result, when it is cold outside, it is covered by at least a 4-meter snowdrift of snow taken from the road. This is a rarely visited road, there is no spilled gasoline and debris on it, so the snow is quite safe.
Well, this cherry has grown with me for many years, and I picked berries there. And then in June the frost hit -11 C and the tree died. It was necessary to cover it with a film, but I did not expect that at night in July there would be a sudden frost. I overslept and didn't notice.
Now a hawthorn grows in this place, with white flowers, large thorns and large red berries in autumn. This plant is quite suitable for the local climate.
In general, I live on fairly cold hills, they are located about 50 km from Moscow, but the temperature here is always 10 or even 15 degrees lower than in the city. I watch the weather forecast on TV - and I always turn down the announced temperature by 10 degrees, and I'm never wrong ))
Although pears, as a plant that is quite thermophilic, grow quite well and bear fruit here. True, these are most likely experiments of the Timiryazev Agricultural Academy - they fought with these pears for many years, trying to cultivate them here. As a result, they bred varieties in which the pears themselves are small, but at the same time the trees grow quite well and endure severe frosts. I have 4 of these trees, last year I picked a lot of pears.
The fruits are small but quite tasty. Apparently, they were made small so that they had time to ripen in a short summer)
And I will plant tomato seedlings no earlier than April. At first, she will stand on the windows in the house, and then after mid-May she will go to the greenhouses, which will warm up and thaw by this time. And geese and ducks from greenhouses will go out for a walk outside. I have such a system - goose and duck sheds are attached to greenhouses, in winter the bird walks not on the street, but in greenhouses.

I got you (though we're expecting 2 days of rain and 30" of snow up in the high country)
View attachment 3438480
Love the poppies! The wildflowers are just starting to kick off here. I'm enjoying seeing all the blooms ❤️
Here it is the usual, habitual weather, it is always like this here. Snow actively begins to melt only in April. Although in March it also melts, but slowly. But in April there will be many streams and even rivers. In the place where I live, there is a forest river Klubish, in spring and early summer it is considered a river and even marked on the map, but at the end of summer it gradually dries up so much that only wet sand remains at the bottom. In autumn it starts to rain - and she gets water again.
There is also such a thing as return frosts. Usually they are in the middle or even the end of May. Once they were in June, ie. in the summer, and it killed my cherry tree that grew near the garage.
I am now writing through an online translator so as not to make unnecessary mistakes in English, but it does not write correctly too, lol, I do not know how to write. In general, there are two types - cherries and sour cherries. These are completely different berries, they are similar in appearance, but different in taste. Sweet cherries bear fruit in spring, cherries - closer to autumn. Here is the one that bears fruit in the spring, I died due to return frosts.
In general, in the place where I live, few people cultivate them, everyone says that in winter they freeze out, and only the part that is under the snow remains alive. And it turns out that the plants do not bear fruit, but only grow new young branches every year, which freeze out every winter.
I went for the trick - I have a relatively large garage for 2 cars, there is a very wide entrance, and there is still a road. I planted this cherry near the garage so that every winter, when cleaning the road, snow would fit on it. As a result, when it is cold outside, it is covered by at least a 4-meter snowdrift of snow taken from the road. This is a rarely visited road, there is no spilled gasoline and debris on it, so the snow is quite safe.
Well, this cherry has grown with me for many years, and I picked berries there. And then in June the frost hit -11 C and the tree died. It was necessary to cover it with a film, but I did not expect that at night in July there would be a sudden frost. I overslept and didn't notice.
Now a hawthorn grows in this place, with white flowers, large thorns and large red berries in autumn. This plant is quite suitable for the local climate.
In general, I live on fairly cold hills, they are located about 50 km from Moscow, but the temperature here is always 10 or even 15 degrees lower than in the city. I watch the weather forecast on TV - and I always turn down the announced temperature by 10 degrees, and I'm never wrong ))
Although pears, as a plant that is quite thermophilic, grow quite well and bear fruit here. True, these are most likely experiments of the Timiryazev Agricultural Academy - they fought with these pears for many years, trying to cultivate them here. As a result, they bred varieties in which the pears themselves are small, but at the same time the trees grow quite well and endure severe frosts. I have 4 of these trees, last year I picked a lot of pears.
The fruits are small but quite tasty. Apparently, they were made small so that they had time to ripen in a short summer)
And I will plant tomato seedlings no earlier than April. At first, she will stand on the windows in the house, and then after mid-May she will go to the greenhouses, which will warm up and thaw by this time. And geese and ducks from greenhouses will go out for a walk outside. I have such a system - goose and duck sheds are attached to greenhouses, in winter the bird walks not on the street, but in greenhouses.
Bet your system makes some rich dirt in your greenhouse!

Back
Top Bottom