In Which I Meet A BYCer, And Show Her My...Assets

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
So. bbRedMom was coming by this morning before church to pick up some chickens. I knew when she was coming, and she was right on time. Yet, I still overslept, and had just hauled my carcass out of bed as she pulled into the driveway.

The night before, we'd had a bit of a "rooster rodeo," in which some roosters that we'd moved to a new pen did not return home after free-ranging, and had to be rounded up one by one. I may have fallen down a time or two, I don't really remember. ANYWAY, I'd slipped my jeans off and laid them across a chair when I'd changed into my pajamas and gone to bed last night.

So this morning, when bbRedMom pulled into the driveway, I was still in my "jammies", or pajama pants and a thermal underwear shirt. I thought, "Oh, I can't be such a slob as to go meet this nice lady in my pajama pants--I look bad enough with bed-head and no makeup..." and I very quickly shucked the pajama pants and slipped on the jeans I was wearing last night.

Without bothering to put on underwear. I mean, I was only going to be out there a few minutes, right?

I'm sure you see where this is going.

So, I meet bbRedMom (who, by the way? ADORABLE!), chat a little, show her her birds in the hutch, then ask if she'd like to look around the place a little. I leaned in the front door and told my husband we were going around the back, and when I stepped back out, this sweet lady WHO I'D JUST MET informed me that the entire center seam of the seat of my jeans was ripped out.

I cannot even describe what I felt when I reached back there...well, emotionally, I can't. I COULD describe what I felt physically, with my hand, but I'll spare you all. Traumatizing one BYCer for life is enough for me for one day.

So, to sum up, bbRedMom is a delightful, sweet, and lovely person who has talked me into getting a couple of goats, and me?

O HAI. NICE TO MEET U. MY BUTT-CRACK, LET ME SHOW YOU IT!

A "fleshed out" (no pun intended) version of the story is available here .

Last edited:
This is the funniest post I have ever read! I can feel your pain!!!
lau.gif

ninjapoodles! Been there, you poor dear!
hugs.gif

I'll never forget accidentally flashing an anesthesiologist during Nursing school! (I thought I was opening my jacket...was the shirt...darn those easy open snap tops!) I could have dropped dead right there!
Thank you for the giggle this morning- you have a gift for story telling!
pop.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
Isn't your wife around here somewhere?! Naughty Boy.

she wont find out
big_smile.png
,, im wearing camo
big_smile.png

Clean-up on aisle 7, I just spit hot tea on the monitor!
What an interesting husband you must be to have around. Like mine. "Never a dull moment" is my favorite saying
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom