Incorporating Chicks

sd1993

Chirping
9 Years
May 1, 2013
Hello, my name is Shane. I am new here and I have been raising chicks for a few years. I currently have only mixed breeds including 8 hens and a rooster that are heavy egg layers. I have 28 mix chicks. I will be uploading pics soon. Anyway, I just hatched 28 chicks on Saturday. They are all a variety of all the major egg layers, I have always wanted some buff orpingtons so I ordered 3, day old chicks and they will be here on Thursday, so assuming the day old chicks are a day old and the ones I hatched are 5 days old, do you think I will have problems putting the chicks together? I usually only here of problems arising when incorporating young pullets into old stock so I wasn't sure. Thank you, and I'm glad to be on the site. There seems to be a ton of valuable resources for reading.

Here are the some of the chicks I hatched. I really like the red one I'm kind of focusing on.

Very cute chicks. They are pretty young so shouldn't be to much of a problem as long as the size isn't too drastic. One thing to consider though - its always safer to quarantine new ones coming in. You never know what they got exposed to & it would be horrible if everyone got sick.

Back
Top Bottom