increase the humidity?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by drmeyes236, Apr 13, 2009.

1. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    I have 6 pekin duck eggs coming I bought a LG still air but my humidity is only 43. The water is in there and I have a humidifier in the same room. Temp is at 102.

2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I have never hatched duck eggs but what you are decribing sounds pretty good. Maybe some duck experts will chime in. Good luck and happy hatching.

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i hear ducks like it more humid. hopefully we'll hear from a duck person [​IMG]
    if the humidity does need to be raised i suggest putting a clean wet sponge in there. it usually helps with the humidity. you might want to lower the temp by a few degrees. if the temp rises a bit from 102 they'll be too hot. i usually run mine at 99.9-100.6 F

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I would say you need to raise thu humidity. I am no expert, my only four ducks just hatched yesterday! I had my humidity over 50% up til day 25. The last three days I tried to get it over 80% but could only get it to 76%. I had sponges, a wick that came with my GQF in a big bowl of water but still never over 76%! I have seen some on here that had it 65% up until day 25!

Mine did fine!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    Quote:you are like, the most helpful person on the forum. i swear.

6. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Im just doing chicken eggs and I keep my humidity between 30-40% then the last 3 days bumping it up to 45-55%. I read people get great hatch rates with these numbers, so I am trying it.. this is my first hatch. My temp is 100-101*. I don't know about ducks, but would there be a huge difference? Im curious now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by