Incredible Dr. Pol

From what I read Dr Pol has passed and he is able to practice. He has served his time.

What one bad incedent does to his clients won't stop from using his services. If he repeatedly neglect the patients often, then they have the right to be suspecious. We got a couple vets out here that don't deserved to be called veterinarians and they are horrible.BUT people still come to them!

I noticed on the show, Dr Pol always ask his collegiate to see if they are reading the same thing on xrays/ultrasounds as he does or they might point out something else he hasn't thought of. Vets are not perfect and a mistake happening is rare and vets do try their BEST not to make any errors. For his service and actions (like no gloves in some examinations), that is WHAT OLD vets did back then and it really didn't cause too much ruckus...just like the cow examination, sharing rectums with one arm OB gloves. I used to go to the pre-vet college and we all did this and no ill effects on beast and students/teachers and owners of livestock. Sometimes in an emergency you just "dive" right in and take that risk and hope for the best! How many of us do it without gloves or antibotics or alcohol dabs (for needle injections) on our livestock? Too many of us, really!

Next thing I am expecting to hear, is the P**A folks crying Cain about the treatments of cows and cattle. How would you get a very stubborn, overbearing cow into a chute to remove her afterbirth that was stuck or calf stuck inside of her???? Painful it may be but it's either the life of the cow or die.

On the shows that I have watched, Dr. Pol always changed the gloves that he was wearing when he went to different cows. I am glad to hear that he served his time and paid his fines. I saw where he went to a farm and the farmer had organically raised beef cows and dairy cows. One of the beef cows was down, she was pregnant and the farmer was pretty sure the calf had died. Dr. Pol had to pull out the calf, after he pulled the calf, he realized that the cow had another calf which was also dead. He had to cut the calf inside her so he could get it out. The cow had to be given antibiotics to survive. The farmer just marked her and kept her separate from the organic herd. I know that a lot of people reuse things on our own animals that we would not do if other peoples animals were involved.

I lovvvve the show!!! His son makes me nervous though lol!! but otherwise he's in very high demand and does a good job from other farm vets Ive seen here in CT

I lovvvve the show!!! His son makes me nervous though lol!! but otherwise he's in very high demand and does a good job from other farm vets Ive seen here in CT
I am glad to hear you say that. I like the show and Dr. Pol, but his son creeps me out.

lol what is it about him?.... I wish id have the opportunity to be his assistant atleast I have farm animals ( one of each atleast) lol and am not afraid of them lol!! But he seems nice..... ive wondered if his wife has had gastric bypass she looks like she might have looking at the daughter and the son it seems to run in the fam...she seems very nice also

Back
Top Bottom