Incuabator Temperature Wont Stay

Your thermometer should be where the top of your eggs would be since the egg development occurs at the top of the egg. Water bottles or even a clean brick will help to stabilize temps in a reasonable range.

Quote:
I don't really have the ability to do that.. So with it being on the bottom, it should read 100? or maybe a little less?

If you don't have a turner in the incubator, you can do something as simple as laying the thermometer on a little block of wood or similar object that's about 1 1/2" high off the floor.

Quote:
It has a turner thing. I can put the thermometer on the turner racks though. It is big enough that it will rest there.. Would that be fine?

Okay, I finally got it to stay at 99.5ish consistantly.
clap.gif
However, my wife moved it a little yesterday and spilt the water so I had to open it this morning (40 minutes ago) and add water to it. I did NOT tuch the thermostat at all but with it being open for a whole minute the temp dropped to 96.4 not its up to 97.8 but the light keeps going on and off, do you think I should adjust it or will it eventually get back up to where it needs to be?

Quote:
Don't touch it. It takes a while for a still air to come back to temp.
A fan kit helps a lot with it.

Give it at least 2 hours. The light coming on and off is normal. It's
sensing the temps at the top of the bator, not at egg level where
your thermometer is.

MY LG has been on for months and I never have to touch the thermostat.

It sounds to me like you have a digital therm.. they are super sensitive to adjust. but once adjusted, you usually never have to touch them again.

with all those styrofoam bators, they work best if you can have them in a warm draft free room..

and keep the away from any sunlight coming through a window..

do not plug up all the holes.. you have to have an air exchange or you can suffocate the eggs..

I like 60% humidity.. but do what works for you.. this is an area of large debate..

take your temps at the level where the eggs will be.. sometimes it may take up to four or five days to warm up the bator and stabilize the temp..

when you do open your bator here's a tip.. do not flip the top sideways or upside down.. you can keep a lot of warm air trapped under the top even though it is not in place over the bottom..

always add 101 degree water(or warmer) ( I add mine right from the tap at about 110 degrees.. the temp goes up for a few minutes, but that seems to do no harm..It is a quick way to raise the humidity..) so that the bator does not have to heat up cold water..

I have 8 of this style bators.. I have further modified them all so that I do not have to open them to add water or check temps..

.......jiminwisc.......

Back
Top Bottom