Incubated eggs (different times)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jd1976, Mar 27, 2016.

1. jd1976

jd1976 New Egg

Mar 27, 2016
    Hi all,
    A dog got onto my property and killed all my chickens, so I had to transfer the eggs into my incubator (they were sat on for 5 days i think) I had eggs in an incubator day 15, so the dates are all out... How do I manage eggs hatching at different times as I have read I should be in lockdown.. Ones started to pip this morning [​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry for the loss of your chickens, dog attacks are something we hear a lot about here.

I don't have any experience hatching eggs but there are a lot of members that do. Post your question over on the Incubating & Hatching Eggs forum and I'm sure someone there can help you out.

Good luck with your hatch!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Like NFC, i have no experience with incubators, but I'm sure others will help you out on the Forum suggested.

All the best
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Can you at least mark the eggs so you know they are from the new batch and not due to hatch yet? Also please check out the predator threads to find out how to keep dogs and other preds away from your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by