Incubating 1 Egg! Hatch Along With Me! Need A Hatching Buddy!

Because at the bottom of the egg there is a thin line,( like a crack ), I know what a zipped egg looks like and I also know what a rotten egg looks like so ...
hu.gif

So I candled it and I couldn't hardly see anything so there must be a chickie in there of some sort! If itt's alive or dead I couldn't say though?

Congratulations on the quail eggs! You would smell it if it was rotten especially if it has cracked. I bet it is just fine! Several of mine have cracked the shell like that, then waitied a while before they pip, and then wait a while before they zip....keep the humidity up and dont give up!
My first pip was all bloody and I was so worried, and it was about 28 hours before it hatched, but it did! I still have three that just pipped today, and they were due to hatch on the 21st. They are taking their sweet time!
Still
fl.gif

AND I now have 4 fluffballs in the brooder, one finishing it's zip, three pips and then some......
wee.gif

47962_dscn0952.jpg

47962_dscn0975.jpg

If it was rotten it'd be really light weight wouldn't it?
I will try to get a picture of the "Crack" so you guys can see what I'm talking about.
smile.png

I tryed tapping the egg and I didn't hear any chieeping!?!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

If it was rotten it'd be really light weight wouldn't it?
I will try to get a picture of the "Crack" so you guys can see what I'm talking about.
smile.png

I tryed tapping the egg and I didn't hear any chieeping!?!

Leave it alone Fluffy - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be patient!!!!!!!!!!!! If its alive the more you move it the more it will get tired and wont pip! Or it will forget were it started and have to start again! The crack doesn;t mean its dead ! Though it could be - take care kid.

Oesdog -
wink.png

Quote:
Leave it alone Fluffy - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be patient!!!!!!!!!!!! If its alive the more you move it the more it will get tired and wont pip! Or it will forget were it started and have to start again! The crack doesn;t mean its dead ! Though it could be - take care kid.

Oesdog -
wink.png

I am not turning the chicken egg, I am just turning the quail eggs.
smile.png

Nobody has posted today! I am hoping it is because everyone is busy with their hatching chicks?
I am done, it was pretty rough this time. I started with 12 eggs, 10 went to lockdown, 4 hatched on their own on day 22, 1 with a tiny bit of assistance on day 23, and 1 with alot of assistance tonight that has a bloody navel so I am keeping my fingers crossed, it's a real fighter though! Of the last four eggs, one was pipped but when I checked it it was dead. I posted about it on another thread hoping to find out what was wrong, and the others had not pipped. I put them out with my broody little bantam who has been happily sitting on four plastic easter eggs for a week, because you just never know I guess.

So. I have six little chicks!!!!
wee.gif
I will post a picture of them tomorrow!

I wish everyone the best of luck, thanks for the company!
frow.gif

Well, just candled my BR eggs and they are all looking good
big_smile.png
Especially the one who is hatching in August. Lol The next two are due on the first couple days in September.
smile.png
Cute fluffy butts everyone! I remember whn I first incubated my quail....I had to help out one out of it's egg and it was all bloody and small....but she is still alive today!

VioletBlueIvy: Congrats on your babies!
wee.gif
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

Chicken_Lover4567: Yay!
ya.gif

My quail are 4 days old today!
ep.gif

Tomorrow I am going to throw the 1 egg out because I'm pretty sure it's dead.
sad.png

big_smile.png
Good News
big_smile.png
:Mrs. Fluffy Puffy layed another egg this morning and so did Julia, my Dark Blue EE hen. So I set both of them in the incubator! I Was going to put them under a broody hen, but when I go to find one none of them are broody!
roll.png
th.gif

When you don't need a broody they're broody, when you DO need a broody they're not broody! How does this work!!!!!?

Back
Top Bottom