Incubating beginning today 6/19

Cherstin

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
North Port, FL
Hi everyone! I'm brand-new to the world of guineas so I'm sure I'll be combing the FAQ and asking lots of newbie questions as I learn. Here's to asking your forgiveness ahead of time!
big_smile.png

I added three nice-looking guinea eggs to my incubator this morning and the countdown is set for 28 days. Just writing to see if anyone else in this big ol' forum might be doing the same?

Here's to the start of incubation ... I'll keep you posted!

019b58683900.jpg

Congrats! I hope they do well and at least 2 hatch
smile.png

As for us, we have two sets of guinea eggs going, but they've both been in for a week or more.

Now, one of our guinea hens has just started setting on her eggs 3 days ago. So your eggs and hers are fairly close together
smile.png

Please do keep us posted and the only way to learn is by asking questions
smile.png
Good luck
smile.png

Hey, thanks for posting how many days it took to hatch them. I have 5 eggs left waiting for the 21st of this month to roll around.
I'm assuming that 3 days prior to hatch day we let them stay where they are?
I hope I get a couple, started with 12 fertile eggs.
Good luck to you guys too!

I think those three egg bators are so darn cute! How is it going so far?

Mine just started pipping today and one is already out and noisy! They are a bit early and surprised me.

Happy Hatching May you end up with 3 noisy keets

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

Thanks, all! Rooster, how's your hatch going? I'm hoping no news is good news but I'll be checking the forum in the morning hoping to see a post with pics! Good luck!

Today is technically day 5 so I attempted to candle. This is very hard to do with the brown eggs ... I feel eyestrain coming on!
tongue.png
I do think that all three eggs looked good though! I have one extra egg left over which I don't think I will need. I will wait another three days or so, candle again, and if things are still looking good I will give the egg away on Craigs.

Rooster, how many are you hatching? Do you have experience with guineas? FeatheredFriendLover, keep me posted! You'll be a few days ahead of me. Please add pics, too! I'm really excited to see how these keets are going to look when they hatch. My 4-year-old son was a little scared at our last hatch and that was with bantam Sultans (which are almost cute by default)! LOL

Has anyone else candled yet? I could see nice air sacs on the big end and some red stripey veins. Just a few veins though. Again, hard to see what you're really seeing and what you're just imagining thru the brown shells. Good luck, everyone!

Hi Cherstin,
Just saw you post today, happy to join you on your guinea egg hatching experience. I set 28 on the 18th, these are the first eggs I've incubated from my own flock. Previous hatchings last summer I bought eggs from other members so I'm pretty egg-cited about this one. The 4 Guineas I have now are some of the ones I hatched last summer! I candled last night (day 11) and we have 24 fertile, growing babies!
Also have 7 mallard eggs set at the same time & 2 wood duck in the hatcher now, they pipped yesterday.
Red stripey veins are a good sign! good luck, keep us posted!
fl.gif

rooster0209,
frow.gif
How are you? We haven't chatted since last summer!
Nice to see they have a link now for guinea lovers, I'd been vacant from BYC for awhile (work will do that to ya
roll.png
) so I'm just getting back into the swing of things!

We also adopted an egg that was abandoned by a hen my neighbor has, she'd hatched 7 others but left the nest with her brood before the last one hatched so she ask me if I'd take it, check it and finish the hatch which I did (it hatched 2 days later) now we a 5 day old little feather footed chick called Scooter!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom