Incubating chicks WITHOUT shells!

SunnySideUpGUAM

Songster
Jan 3, 2016
GUAM True Paradise
Has anyone seen the videos or heard of incubating chicks without their shells? I saw a video on FB from a Japanese class where the students incubated chicks in a lil cup without eggshells and they were able to see the development every step of the way. It was really cool. I was thinking that probably makes it unnecessary to turn the eggs and possibly easier to manage humidity too. Watch think BYC?

Has anyone seen the videos or heard of incubating chicks without their shells? I saw a video on FB from a Japanese class where the students incubated chicks in a lil cup without eggshells and they were able to see the development every step of the way. It was really cool. I was thinking that probably makes it unnecessary to turn the eggs and possibly easier to manage humidity too. Watch think BYC?

Yes i have seen that video. It fascinated me but also kinda grossed me out.... I thought the same thing... u would probably not have to turn them and it would make it a whole lot easier to know which are fertile and which are not

Last edited:
yup i wonder if anyone has used this method to incubate more than just a few. i mean it seems easier already without turning or candling eggs. and for those of us who want to make our own incubators, it would mean less designing as far as turners. and no messing with settings after candling

Someone in one ouf my FB groups successfully did it but I can't for the life of me remember which one and the problems she had. I think out of 5 or 6 eggs, only one made it through the full term. 

if you get a chance please ask her if its worth trying this method for a large amount of eggs or just going with a cabinet incubator with egg turners?

Back
Top Bottom