Incubating Dirty eggs/eggs from the fridge

Go for it! I have successfully hatched eggs that have been in the fridge for up to two weeks, though chances of course decrease as time goes by. So sorry to hear about your rooster.
Good luck, I really hope you hatch some!

Hey guys! My rooster went down unexpectedly today and I was going to try and panic hatch the last clutch to try and get another rooster. I need every last leghorn egg I can get and even debated on pulling some from my fridge 😂

are the two gross eggs in the picture below okay to hatch? Annnnd I was joking about the fridge thing but no seriously is that an option? I’m desperate.
Why not? What do you have to loose?
Worst case scenario, they dont hatch. Put em in there, and let the chips fall where they may.

Oh okay! So this is fine? These aren’t that bad? I usually set the cleanest of clean and the ones that come out like that, I just don’t bother with... Do you think I should set those?
If they were my eggs and I was primarily concerned about maximizing the number of hatchlings, I'd set all of them. As you candle periodically throughout the incubation process and remove clears and quitters, the risk of exploders and resulting contamination will be reduced. And, personally, I've never had a chicken egg blow up in an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom