incubating double yolk egg.

Hopefully its a double yolk. When I candled it before placing it in the incubator we saw two dark areas. My wife and i were both confident it was a double. When I candle it now its impossible to tell.

It doesnt look like this site has ability for video uploads.

See right there next to the picture icon? It looks like a film strip? Click that and put in the youtube URL. It will show right in your message :)

Last edited:
Well I'm sorry to say that the double yolk egg hasn't had any development or movement in the past 3 days. Its still a semi liquid form inside. All other six eggs look like completely formed chickens and very active when candled. It stopped developing for one reason or another. Mother Nature had her say.

On the brighter side and to end on a happy note....here's a picture of my Rooster. I named him Junior because I only had two roosters at the time. He was a baby at the time but grew up and now he's the man. He does all the fertilizing. Jackass (the older rooster) doesn't like it much but he stepped aside Junior rules the roost now.

Since then we have gained another rooster which I thought was a hen until a week ago when I noticed it crowing. Actually I thought Junior was a hen too. Both of them were only about 8 weeks old when I acquired them. But this pic is our newest rooster which I named "Big Red". Like I said I thought he was a hen until last week lol.

Sorry about your twin embryo's. Did your other eggs hatch?

Your roosters are beautiful. I'm looking for another one. Mine is starting to get mean on me.

My double yolks are on day 15 now. Here is a link to my candling video on day 11.

5 of the remaining 6 eggs hatched. Attached is a pic of the chicks five days old.

Back
Top Bottom