Incubating duck eggs- advice pretty please.

Okay, I will leave it then and won’t play with it unless it drops loads. It’s been very consistent keeping that at 37.5 until today .. it is a cold day though so maybe that.

Guess I will sit on my hands and just keep praying .

I have appreciated all your help x

Good timing that .. I had literally just sat down and ping.

Well we have 3 now with external pips.
Still hearing eggs moving and rocking in the incubator and the odd peeping but I can’t tell who from. Candled from outside the incubator about an hour ago and I can’t even tell which ones have internally pipped that easy as I assume they are resting- although I am pretty sure two look like they have ... one I think has been internally pipped a while but hasn’t externally pipped yet so that’s slightly concerning. All are moving in the eggs though so that’s a positive.

If the air cell is very large, the duckling has less space to move in and may not be able to pip in the ideal place. However, they have still been able to pip. One with a smaller air cell will probably hatch first, because it can position itself better. Once all of the ducklings with smaller air cells have hatched, humidity will be much higher, and these ones which pipped underneath may only take a little while longer.

Back
Top Bottom