Incubating duck eggs!!!/ hatch along for any bird

Don't worry chickster, I'm day 31/28. It's bloody hard but all in good time, all in good time! Easy to say, NOT easy to do! Just know they are getting nice and strong in there!

I've already waited 26 days I had to get out of the house cause I was just watching eggs thinking ok they'll pip any second now, and peeping at them. Will it hurt to candle to see if they have internally pipped yet?

Don't worry chickster, waiting is the hardest part but know they are getting strong in there. We are day 31/28, and just had first of 11 hatch. Only two others have pipped yesterday but this one just hatched is SO STRONG and it still has a small bit of yolk to absorb so any earlier would have been bad for it!

That said, waiting is SO HARD to do! East to say, NOT easy to do!!! Busy yourself with something else, it's like watching water boil...While you are watching it'll take FOREVER! :(

I did mine last night and marked their air cell. According to the assisted hatch guide (search on this site) well worth reading!!you should wait 24hrs so I think you qualify! Tap and candle, it's amazing when they answer you!!! I found two external pips in the process :)

YES! Whoop! whoop!, now I just have to wait until I get home :(

Be sure to read the assisted hatch guide...very comprehensive, maybe before you get home ;) I spent about an hour with my bator afterward as I cranked up the temp to get the warmth back quicker and as I adjusted down to settled temp I was checking and re checking as a high temp surge is no good either!! Don't worry about rushing too much, better to be sure and steady than wanting to check again! Nature really does like time to do its thing. What temp is your bator?

Back
Top Bottom