Incubating duck eggs!!!/ hatch along for any bird

Nothing more than the pip. There is a fan running in there, thats not going to dry it out is it? And the humidity keeps raising and lowering on its own. I have a lil less than 24 hrs and its been 48 hr

The fan is fine. Most of my all incubators have them. Humidity is what you need to worry about. Make sure it is at 65% so the pip hole won't dry out. Can you see any movement through the hole?

its come out jus now but its egg and something gooey is stuck to its lower abdomen

it didnt zip out. It made a big hole, i think it was having a hard time moving around. One time its got a decent size hole the next it looks like it shoved its way out. Seemed real quick to me

Last edited:
It kept trying to run and drag its egg and the stuff around around,Im almost sure it hatched to early. I was scared it was going to pull its onsides out, there was a red membrane still in the egg i pulled out and wrapped it and the duck up in a wet paper towel and stuck it in a dixie cup. Halloween girl said she had to do something like that?

Yes a pekin. So its normal?? I was so scared that was the yolk that people talked about not being absorbed.
ive got it all snugged in this. Should i let the lil thing out to dry?

Gooey sound like the stuff that sometimes stays in the shell and sometimes they'll pull it out with them. He'll probably hop out of the cup once he decides that he wants to move around. That's what my impatient duckies do once they've had a rest and everything is as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom